Friday, May 21, 2010

[Frame Friday: Trial and Error]

I've got a bunch of frames that I am just dying to paint, embellish, distress, etc. So over the next month or so, I am going to have "Framed Friday" to share with you what frame project I have gotten my hands on. It should be interesting...


About 5 years ago my husband and I received this frame as a wedding gift. Ever have one of those wedding gifts that you didn't necessarily like? Well this was definitely one of them. It has always been an eye-sore in my home. I suppose it's just not my style.


However, I did like the little sentiment inside. If you can't read it very well it says,

"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger."

Since I wanted to keep that part as-is, I decided to paint the wooden frame. I don't have anything in my home that matches that wood color. So I go with "old faithful": white. Plus I thought that it would help bring out the white inside the frame.


A couple coats of paint later (with some gentle distressing). the finished product. Hmm...not sure if I like it. Still on the fence about this one. Is there anything else I could do to make this more "eye-appealing"? What do you think? Do you like it as-is, or should I do something else to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?