Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Patio Lantern Transformation


Ever since we first moved into our house a few years ago, I have always hated the color of our front door patio lights. They blended in too much with the bricks, and they were just a little too "ho-hum". I wanted them to "pop" and really stand out. So learning from my snazzy blogging friends, I decided to spray paint them white.


Once I took them down from the house, I realized how dirty these things really get. I wiped them down while sometimes screaming because of a dead (or alive!) bug was in them. EEK! But I suppose I could check that off my spring cleaning to-do list. :0) Then, I got to spray paintin'!


I used ColorPlace Fast Dry Spray Paint in Flat White that I got at Walmart for 97 cents per can. Pretty cheap but it does the trick!


A couple cans of white spray paint later, voila! A new fresh look for my front patio. I am happy with how it turned out. Gives it that extra "curb appeal".

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic transformation! Do light and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say SO light and bright lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! I love Walmart spray paint too! Can't beat a buck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I can't wait to do mine now, i am putting it on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?