Saturday, August 14, 2010

[Scrapperday: Cupcake Card]


This week I was inspired to make a birthday cupcake card. I received a weekly newsletter email from Michael's and saw an adorable card. I have always loved the use of repetition in cards. It's so simple yet very chic. Plus I already had this cupcake punch by Martha Stewart that I used for my daughter's first birthday party invitations.
Materials used in the card I made:

  • 6 x 12 white cardstock

  • 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 putty cardstock

  • 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 light pink cardstock

  • pieces of scrapbook paper in various colors

  • permanent glue runner

  • small foam adhesives

  • Martha Stewart cupcake punch

  • hole punch

  • scalloped edge scissors

  • light green satin ribbon

  • white gel pen

  • embossing pad, silver embossing powder, & heat embossing tool (optional)
Directions:

  1. Fold 6 x 12 white cardstock in half and score it so that the finished size is a 6x6 square. Cut the bottom-front of the card with scalloped scissors.

  2. Adhere the pink cardstock to the top-front of the card with glue runner. Then, adhere the putty cardstock in the center of the pink cardstock, leaving about 1/16" of the pink showing.

  3. Punch about 12 cupcakes out of various patterned scrapbook paper. You can emboss one cupcake that you want to stand out, if desired.

  4. Arrange the cupcakes on the cardstock as shown and adhere all with glue except one on the second row.

  5. Place foam adhesives on the remaining cupcake.

  6. Using a white gel pen, write "happy birthday" below the cupcakes.

  7. Hole punch 6 holes in a row at the bottom of the card.

  8. Thread ribbon through the first hole and tie a knot so that it shows in the front of the card. Then continue threading the ribbon through the holes. Tie another knot at the other end of the card like you did earlier. Voila!
I will be linking up to these parties.
Happy Scrapperday! :0)
[Jen]

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I'd love to have you link up in Scraptastic Saturday!

    Hannah
    http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!
    I love anything with cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute card! I'm a cupcake fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the repetition! I'm currently trying to think up Christmas cards (I know, I know) and this is definitely being added to the list! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh that is super cute I wish I had that punch, and since I'm in a no buy 2 month challenge that won't happen anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That punch is awesome! What an adorable card.
    I'd love if you linked up to my Scrappy Saturdays. http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2010/08/scrappy-saturdays-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way too cute! I love repetition too, it makes for such a clean and classic looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Repetition is a great way to make a statement in any design! I think I need to add to my punch collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess what I bought yesterday?! That cupcake punch I found it on clearance for three bucks and instantly thought of your card. I soooo couldn't pass it by!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?