Monday, February 7, 2011

[Motivational Monday: Celeb Looks For Less]

Have you ever stood in your closet, looked at everything (whether it be tons of clothes or not), and said "I have NOTHING to wear..."? Well, that was me the other day. So I thought it might be fun to look around for some inspiration to refresh my wardrobe without buying a thing. And what better way to keep up with the trends in fashion than to look at what famous celebrities are wearing these days. Here's what I came up with:

[Jennifer Aniston: a once fashion icon for the hairstyle called "The Rachel" still keeps up with the trends with this super-chic yet casual look. To get this look for less, I combined some l.e.i. jeans paired with my hubby's white tank and a leather jacket that I've had since the beginning of time. A pair of black boot-like shoes from Target and some aviators from Walmart complete this outfit.]

[Victoria Beckham: I love her style! This Spice Girl mom always looks so put together no matter where she goes. And I am really liking this feminine business-like outfit. I used this bold patterned dress and a gray cardigan from The Limited to get her look for less. Cinching everything with a black leather belt, black heels, black purse, and black shades are accessory must-haves.]

[Jessica Alba: A mother of a beautiful little girl demonstrates how to wear stylish cold-weather gear. To bundle up with a fraction of the cost, I used a wool coat I bought at Steve & Barry's a few years ago, some skinny jeans, and brown wedge boots from Walmart. The accessories added were big black shades, a wide belt (that was my mom's from the 60's), and a soft scarf neatly tucked in the coat. I added the Ralph Lauren shopping bag just for fun!]

[Angelina Jolie: All dressed in white. I mimicked this style by pairing white pants with a white blouse, both from Charlotte Russe (I love that store!). I added some nude shoes (on clearance from Sears), a white clutch, and a chunky watch. Just pray I don't spill anything on all this white!]

[Keira Knightley: A laid-back summer look. I paired this bohemian dress ($5 from Garden Ridge last summer!) with a leather belt and topped it all off with a fedora hat from Walmart. I also added some shiny gold sandals that I also bought at Walmart.)

[Maria Menounos: To get this sexy red carpet look, I used this coral cocktail dress I bought for a wedding back in Sept. and paired it with some accessories such as hoop earrings and bangles. A cute little clutch and some shiny heels from Marshall's complete the entire look.]

[Ashley Olsen: To copy this unconventional layered look, I used a long-sleeve plaid button-down shirt under a waist cincher paired with skinny jeans I bought for $15 from Charlotte Russe. A pair of shiny pumps and a gray flowey jacket bring it all together.]

[Hillary Duff: Okay, honestly, this isn't really my style. But I am trying to branch out from the same ol', same ol'. To get this very "fashion-forward" look, I used some black shorts, a gray tank from Papaya under a black jacket from the Miley Cyrus collection at Walmart. Some black tights, nude pumps, long gold necklace, and a black newsboy hat tops off the whole ensemble.]

[Ali Landry: A simple yet chic look. A shirt dress I bought for $5 at Walmart, a wide belt, a chunky bracelet, and some Candies peep-toe heels from Kohl's mimic her look.]

[Another Victoria Beckham? Yes, but I had all of these items to I had to get this outfit. A pair of green cargo pants paired with nude heels give this a casual yet more upscale look. And the aviators are a must to feel uber-trendy!]

Whew! Although it took a lot of work and some creativity, it was a lot of fun. I feel as though I am looking at my wardrobe in a whole new light now. :0)

Want to give your wardrobe a little face lift? You should try this at home too! Take pics from magazines, catalogs, online, etc. and try to create that same look & style only using items you already own. And, most importantly, have fun with it!

photos courtesy of:

[Jen]

3 comments:

  1. These are some really great looks!! Nice job putting them all together!

    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great job! Love all of them (ok maybe not crazy about the shorts with heels) but the rest are great! And you still all the outfits great matches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally inspired. I want to learn how to put a fun look together like these... But I am also into pairing down at the moment, and i guess I really need to have this baby so I can fit back into normal clothes- thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?